Services for the community
There is more to the store than just being a place to shop, we aim to go above and beyond to bring the community together. We offer:
- home delivery for older and housebound residents
- wheelchair access to the store
- prescription services for the Alresford Surgery
- dry cleaning drop-off and collection (see note below)
- crisp packet re-cycling
- refillable cleaning products
- daily newspapers and selected magazines
- Post Office counter – stamps, parcels, banking, savings, applications, etc.
- (in normal circumstances) a welcoming space to meet and chat and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and a bit to eat.
- WiFi and broadband access to help residents access online services
The store exists to serve the community, so if you have ideas for services that we could provide, then please have a chat with Garry or Emma at the store.
Dry cleaning by Barkers is collected and returned early on Wednesday mornings, so it’s best to leave collections with us by the end of Tuesday afternoon. The quickest turnaround is 8 days (Tuesday drop off) and the slowest is 15 days (Thursday drop off).
We offer the following facilities for recycling:
- crisp packets – please hand to a member of staff
- batteries – collection box in the far corner by the coffee machine