The Candover Valley Store is a community owned and run store. It is managed by Garry Green, a team of senior part-time assistants and our band of willing volunteers. The store offers a range of groceries, household products, cards, gifts and local produce. It is also home to the post office as well as offering a place to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and a bite to eat. You are sure to receive a friendly welcome at the Candover Valley Store.
What can you buy?
The store offers a wide range of groceries and other products, including:
- bread and milk (sourdough on the weekends)
- fruit and vegetables
- chilled and frozen food
- household products
- sweets and confectionery
- soft drinks, beer and cider, wines and spirits
- stationery and greetings cards
- pet food
- over the counter medicines
- cigarettes and tobacco
Wherever possible we stock local produce, providing you with an authentic taste of Hampshire including;
- award winning Hattingley Valley, The Grange and Candover Brook sparkling wine
- Hampshire Cheese Company including Tunworth and Winslade
- Isle of Wight cheese
- Lyburn cheese
- Summerdown chocolates and toiletries
- ChalkStream trout products
- Moonroast coffee – artisan coffee hand roasted in the Candover Valley
- Beres Bakes sourdough loaves
- Flowerpots Brewery ales
- Hydes Cyder
- Tim’s honey
- Max’s and Bradley Orchard preserves
- Isle of Wight tomatoes, New Forest strawberries and Hampshire asparagus (when in season)
- locally grown plants and flowers
- jane’s kitchen frozen meals
Something missing from our range?
If there are products that you can’t find but would like to buy please suggest them to Garry or a member of the team.